P9's working much better after update to firmware 1.1.2 - link stable and using powerline & wifi now

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

P9's working much better after update to firmware 1.1.2 - link stable and using powerline & wifi now

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:P9's working much better after update to firmware 1.1.2 - link stable and using powerline & wifi now
2021-03-04 08:33:42

Vaux_2 wrote

@Joster I've just updated to firmware 1.1.3 this evening (for V1 decos).  Not even showing up as available to download on the website yet.  Info in the app said it included stability fixes.  Only visible difference i can see is the upload/download speeds for each individual deco are now displayed.

Try positioning the units closer together so you can test that they do link reliably.  I don't know how good/bad the wiring in your house is so hard to say how well it will work.

The P9's i bought are in my parents house which is a 120 year old farmhouse, wiring is obviously not that old but its certainly not new, hasn't been touched in the last 30+ years by anything other than mice since they've lived there!  Wifi will link with either 1 or 2 bars, powerline seems pretty although no way to measure the connection.

Try to get them working well, then try to move them further apart and see how well they work.  

@Vaux_2 Thanks for your reply.

Since last week I already had firmware 1.1.3 for V1 decos, this didn't fix the issues over here. The wiring in our house is perfect since we live in a new-built house.

But (!), I found this topic: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/255166 and decided to try out the latest beta firmware. Since this moment (yesterday morning), the 2nd unit has 2 WiFi bars continuously and a stable PLC connection, the 3rd unit has 1 or 2 WiFi bars and a stable PLC connection also. So far so good :) 

Options
Related Articles