Deco M9 Plus EU V2 Keeps dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-23 13:56:11
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11

Hi,

after 2 weeks of really good usage im having the issues like everyone else! Today my internet has been unusable!

All decos go offline 3-4 times in 10 minutes. When connection resumes everything slowly resumes back to normal to be cut off again. When they go offline red light stays on the deco for 30 seconds!

my setup - Huawei 4G CPE that sits on top of the house connects to Main Deco via ethernet cable and 1 sattelite is via backhaul and 1 is via WiFi

Super easy setup!

1) yes i have restarted everything 200 times

2) it has been working fine for past 2 weeks and no changes been made meanwhile

3) yes i tried connection straight to modem - internet is still there

4) yes i tried another wifi router instead of Main deco unit and other wifi router has good connection with modem and worked fine

5) i removed every other deco from the network (unplugged - left only main one in use - no difference)

6) switched ports in which i connected the incoming ethernet cable

7) there is no WiFi interference as its the only wifi network in 500meters

8) WiFi drops, but wired IPTV keeps working so connection with modem remains and there is no issue!

Im frustrated as everything was working and no its not my ISP issue as already stated above - works fine with other routers and was working fine for 2 weeks without changes.

what to do? Faulty units? Or by reading hundreds of similar problems it seams that its the product itself? 

Help!

Options
14 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus EU V2 Keeps dropping connection
2020-11-23 14:06:17

@Mark_Deco-M9v.2 

>i removed every other deco from the network (unplugged - left only main one in use - no difference)

Have you tried this with Main Deco in Access Point mode?

Options
2020-11-23 14:18:31
I havent, but i dont see how it would change anything? Ill give it a try though, but my previous WiFi routers have all been in router setting and they worked fine!
Options
2020-11-23 14:21:15 - last edited 2020-11-23 14:21:45

@Mark_Deco-M9v.2 

This may help to narrow issue to either Deco hardware or specific Deco software running in Router mode.

If in AP mode the issue does not happen, it is TP-Link software or software configuration issue. In AP mode Deco is not much more than signal booster.

Options
2020-11-23 14:30:26
The Huawei 4G Modem is not compatible with AP it seams as switching Deco to AP mode caused a full meltdown! No computer connected to it as there was IP issue and other satelites stayd blinking red and Deco was unreachable (main deco had green light) Finlayy when i was able to log back in Deco had reverted back to router mode (probably due to the issue)
Options
2020-11-23 14:39:23 - last edited 2020-11-23 14:44:24

@Mark_Deco-M9v.2 

So the AP mode didnt work, as all devices said that there was IP error like everyone was trying to log in and use exact same IP, now got it back to the router mode, but errors have not resolved. Nothing has been changed and now all of a sudden everything is down - very annoyed.

EDIT: Is there a way to pull a log or something - it is just stupid, after restart thing worked for 2 minutes (everything loads super slow and with errors - images not loading on pages etc) and then red light - all decos are offline, then greenlight but im assuming the "boot up" or whatever goes on after the green light comes back up takes so much time and confuses devices that they are pretty much unusable - google might load or might take 2min to load or might give you error no internet connection.

EDIT2: This is what the app shows for 30seconds or so when the red light comes on

Options
2020-11-23 14:43:39

@Mark_Deco-M9v.2 

This could have been good test, but it requires network configuration to support Deco in AP node. Yours is not, so you can't test it.

I noticed your Deco M9 formware is version 1.2.11. Mine, in North America, is version 1.4.3 build 20200921. Check if version 1.4 is available in EU for M9, if not yet - perhaps TP-Link Support can provide you with 1.4 beta to try.

Options
2020-11-23 14:46:54

@Alexandre. 

Hey, within the app "Update Deco" it says that it's the latest firmware! I have seen so many others having similar issues :/ Yours is working great? I mean mine was also, but since today its unusable, perhaps only as a paperweight.

Options
2020-11-23 14:47:45

@Alexandre. 

Actually, this is how you could still test Deco hardware if you are willing to give it a try:

>4) yes i tried another wifi router instead of Main deco unit and other wifi router has good connection with modem and worked fine

1. Attach that "another" wifi router to modem.

2. Power off all Satellite Decos.

3. Connect Main Deco to wifi router.

4. Now that Main Deco is connected to router, you can switch Main Deco to AP mode.

Options
2020-11-23 14:53:15

@Mark_Deco-M9v.2 

This is latest firmware they have on UK TP-Link web site, for example:

Options
2020-11-23 15:11:24

@Alexandre. 

Yeah I checked - my app shows nothing, i download the update tool and went as per instructions, it said that deco units will be rebooted to complete the update but no update was actually done.

App still shows old version, im unsure if its some region thing or what its about.

After the update - same red light error still pops up

Firmware version
1.2.11 Build 20190926 Rel. 55727

Is there a way to get it to update via the app somehow? Anyone from TP-Link support perhaps could help with it? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1356

Replies: 14

Related Articles