Deco M5 sub deco low speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-25 08:57:37
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I am currently connecting my main Deco to my router and I am getting the max 300 mbps which I subscribed for. I planned to set up my sub Deco in upstairs so I located a spot in upstairs where I can also get 300mbps from the main Deco. I had set the sub Deco in that place but when I connected my sub Deco to the main one and connected my devices to my sub Deco, the maximum speed I can get in upstairs is only  arpund160mbps. Is this true that the maximum speed the sub Deco can provide is only about 60% of the speed from my main Deco? I heard this through one of my friend working with TP Link.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 sub deco low speed
2020-11-25 12:56:54 - last edited 2020-11-25 12:59:04

@CKFam 

Google this, to find detailed discussion on that topic: Range extenders can cut bandwidth in half because they rely on a single wireless radio to both listen for and broadcast data. 

To increase speed for Satellite Deco, your opitons are to wire it with Ethernet cable, or to replace your M5's with M9s.

Deco M9 has dedicated WiFi backhaul. On mine, with 300Mbps Internet connection, I am getting 300Mbps on Satellite Deco. Note that to achieve that you'll need both Deco to be M9: Main and Satellite.

Also, before doing anything else, you could try to disable 2.4GHz on Main network and run Deco M5 with 5GHz only. That might help a bit.

Options
Re:Deco M5 sub deco low speed
2020-11-26 11:32:27

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for the information. I have little knowledge on these so just want to make sure. I think I will continue to use the M5.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 2

Related Articles