How do you determine signal strength/quality between a remote mesh unit and it's parent (router)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How do you determine signal strength/quality between a remote mesh unit and it's parent (router)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 23:17:37 - last edited 2020-11-26 23:22:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How can you reasonably accurately determine if a remote Mesh unit is place well, and is therefore connected/communicating with the main mesh router well?

eg: The only indication I can see is in the app, if I click on one the remote Mesh units its gives a "Signal Source" of the main unit, and a wifi symbol with "2.4GHz/5Ghz" next it. 2 of the 3 parts of the wifi symbol are lit up. Is there really no more detailed/accurate way to determine how well the two units are communicating?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How do you determine signal strength/quality between a remote mesh unit and it's parent (router)?
2020-11-27 14:42:25

@NeilF 

You can install WiFi Analyzer app on your smartphone and use it to check signal strength in different parts of your house. If you put smartphone on top of Deco node, it'll show you same signal strength that node is getting from other nodes. I would recommend powering off that Deco node first, to avoid interference from its own antennas. 

Options
Re:How do you determine signal strength/quality between a remote mesh unit and it's parent (router)?
2020-11-27 18:44:18

@Alexandre. OK, that makes sense I guess. Shame the hardware/software doesn't show a value, and/or run a communication (data transfer) test of some sort!?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 2

Related Articles