Onemesh with non tp-link router and tp-link router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-28 07:08:39 - last edited 2020-11-28 07:09:40

Hi,

I have a 1Gbyte fibre link coming into the house with a wifi router (huawei) supplied by the ISP.  

I have a number of onemesh range extenders (re205 and re305) which work well in non mesh mode.

I would like to set this up as a one mesh system, so was thinking of buying an archer C6 (or similar) and connecting this to the Huawei router.  I understand that onemesh will not work if I connected the C6 to the Huawei by ethernet cable and configured the C6 as an access point.

Is there another way of connecting the C6 (or similar) to the Huawei so that I can set up a onemesh system ?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Onemesh with non tp-link router and tp-link router
2020-11-28 13:17:36 - last edited 2020-11-28 13:19:00

The ideal scenario would be that Huawei device is in bridge mode and use the Archer device in router mode, but you can use the Archer device in router mode even Huawei device is still in router mode. The downside would be that you'll have a double NAT. If it's OK with you, then go for it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1782

Replies: 1

Related Articles