The page is not redirecting properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-22 02:51:38
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Please assist

I have set up the 300Mbps Universal Wireless N Range extender (TL-WA850RE) but when it is used I get "The Page isn't redirecting properly' when I try to access any web pages in any browsers; email download is fine.

I do not have any problems accessing web pages through any browser directly connecting to the broadband Hub.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Please assist
Options
3 Reply
Re:The page is not redirecting properly
2013-06-24 16:16:47
If you connect your PC to TL-WA850RE by a cable, can you access internet?
In that case, try to set public DNS: 8. 8. 8. 8 on your wireless network connection for a test.
Options
Web pages redirecting
2013-06-24 17:09:32

Steve Frey wrote

If you connect your PC to TL-WA850RE by a cable, can you access internet?
In that case, try to set public DNS: 8. 8. 8. 8 on your wireless network connection for a test.

Hi,
thanks for response. I have now sorted out problem; I upgraded firmware on device and laptop drivers, set up again, phoned technical support. I had tried to give the extender a different name to my Hub and the product is not designed for that. The instructions were misleading.

The internet is now covering the whole house.
Options
http not working - wr702n - The page is not redirecting properly
2014-04-15 17:32:27
The only way for me is that i have to use HTTPS in the browser. I didn't have to do this, and one day i was getting this problem. I use the LAN side of the device in many computers, which are not wi-fi enabled.

Have done a fw upgrade and factory re-set and still get the problem. I believe this is something to do with the bt-home hub that I'm connecting to.

Got the TP-LINK device running in client mode.

This does seem like a common fault which could have many fixes. Would really like to know if i need to do anything on my bt-home hub before i play around with the TP-LINK again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 3