Deco M4 - Dropouts - But not Internet Related

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 12:27:43
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi All

I have had the Deco M4R for around 6 months with semi intermitant problems. But seems with the latest firmware the issue is got very much worse as firmware have progressed.

The issue is the Decos randomly disconnect from the internet, dns or via IP (i can still get to the router and such so its not cables/wireless issue)

Network as follows

TP link TD-W9970 - Static IP via VDSL - Wireless Disabled

DNS Set for 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.4.4

TP Link Deco M4R v2 No:1 - Static IP - Connected to Router 0.5m cable - IN AP MODE

TP Link Deco M4R v2 No:2 - Static IP - Connected via Backhaul PowerLine Adapter - AV1000 - in AP MODE

TP Link Deco M4R v2 No:3 - Static IP - Connected via Backhaul PowerLine Adapter - AV1000 - in AP MODE

Daily this happens around 10am, 12pm and around 3/4pm

The LED lights are still white during this period and connection to them ceases (ping and via the Deco App on the phone)

My Guess now is the Decos are trying to readjust themselves / picking a network channel as required.

Can this be stopped?

Now i would love to say this is an isolated issue, but i have 10 of these units in customers locations and they also experience the problem, mostly in Router mode, so swapped to AP mode and it is greatly reduced.

It has got to the point i have downgraded the firmware on one customer to the oldest version (on the website) to see if the issue is less frequent.

Essentially i believe this is a real flaw with product and needs some adjustment of the auto calibration/scanning for network channel

TP - Link Support - feel free to contact me directly or via here as this really does need resolved.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - Dropouts - But not Internet Related
2021-01-08 16:42:25

Considering no one has replied from TP Link i have done my own research.

I downgraded firmware to 1.4.2 on all units and have had less drops outs/dns errors occuring.

I still think there is 100% a issue on all TP-Link units based on the constant dropouts that occur.

Since the inital post i have Redone wiring, Static IPs on each DECO with same results.

Options
Re:Deco M4 - Dropouts - But not Internet Related
2021-02-19 11:13:34

Update on this issue.

I have now returned these to the supplier and had a replacement set from them!

Sadly the issue persists and i can confirm it is the M4 Decos at fault. 

It is when the system auto scans for a new channel for the wireless it kills all wireless traffic, router is up and working (can connect to it straight away) but the decos wont respond until a new signal is sourced.

Ping on them dies off and deco app shows them as unable to source (for that 1 minute or so)

So now these new set is being returned.

Sad to see them go but hopefully more improvements can be had and may return one day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 620

Replies: 2

Related Articles