Is it safe to downgrade firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-17 11:02:58
Region : Hongkong

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 120405

ISP : Netvigator Broadband (18Mbps ADSL)

Much like others on this forum, I'm having a problem with my TL-WR1043ND becoming non-responsive after a few days of uptime.

This is actually my second 1043. I bought it because my first one (hardware version 1.4) has been rock solid -- I've not had to reboot it for over 2 years. (I don't have its firmware version handy at the moment, but I recall it's from 2010.)

I needed this new router for a second location, but it has not been functioning correctly. It is hardware version 1.10 and shipped with the latest firmware, 120405.

My question is, is it safe to downgrade the 1.10's firmware to the one that's running on the 1.4? Or is the hardware sufficiently different (e.g. different bootloaders) that it would cause a brick?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Is it safe to downgrade firmware?
2013-02-18 15:34:57
I think you can do that...
Options
Re:Is it safe to downgrade firmware?
2013-02-21 04:44:58
what firmware version and hardware version you have so stable?
my unit after 14 days in beta firmware is get loose connection to the web interface, but internet keep working and wifi keeps working.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 975

Replies: 2

Related Articles