AX11000 - FTP Not Accessible Via Internet / WAN IP and Public IP Different

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 14:47:18
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200716 rel.84595(4555)

Dear Community,

I have fiber internet at home to which i am login in via PPPoE connection and  Iam connecting the network cable from the socket on my wall to my WAN port on my router. 

Now i have attached an external hard disk to my AX11000 router and under the USB section in the menu have enabled acces from internet as FTP. User and password are also setup. I can access the disk via FTP and via classic SMB within my locak network using the user and password that is setup.

However, even though i have DDNS setup i cannot seem to access the disk via internet via FTP protocol. The WAN IP address is not the same as the Public IP i have. I think there is somehow a problem here. Any thoughts?

Kind Regards, 

Mehmet

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX11000 - FTP Not Accessible Via Internet / WAN IP and Public IP Different
2020-12-03 17:18:17 - last edited 2021-09-24 11:04:38

If your router WAN IP address is different that your public IP address, that means you have an intermediate device (ISP modem/router) before your router. Try to access your FTP server by public IP address, but not FQDN (DDNS address). If you still can't access your FTP server then you should ask your ISP either to enable bridge mode for you or to open all ports (DMZ) to your router (so you can control which ports are open or not from AX11000).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-09-24 04:59:39

@Caprioles9000 

Hi Mehmet,

Unfortunately I do not have a solution, I actually have the same issue. So I wanted to up this message.

I am coming from a Netgear router (R9000) with an FTP server from a QNAP TS-669L.

Same as you it was working fine before, after migration to AX11000 : nothing ...

I managed to make few things work :

• FTP server reachable when accessed with plain FTP, but since the security is so low, I abandoned.
  • FTP in the DMZ of the AX11000, as I have the router of my ISP, between the WAN and my NAS, it could be acceptable. But I don't like it.

I didn't fight with teh router for four month, but I already spent quite few nights on it and I do not have any idea left ... :(

Anybody managed to make a similar setup work or have an ides ?

Thanks in advance,

Nono

Options
2021-09-24 11:16:34

@-Nono- 

Check out this story - it's about Synology FTP server, but for QNAP FTP server should be similar.

If you have an ISP modem/router before the AX11000 you can:

1. Set a DMZ on that ISP device to your AX1000 and control ports forwarding from the AX11000. In this case you'll have a double NAT in your network.

2. If the ISP device is a modem and you set it in bridge mode. Then you can control ports forwarding from AX11000 and avoid the double NAT - even better.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-09-24 17:06:00

@terziyski 

Thank you so much !!!!!!

I am a stupid animal ... My mistake was that for the passive range of IPs in the TP Link router I filled the start of the range in external port and end of the range in internal port. Instead I was suppose to write "55536-56559" in external port, then internal port are filled automatically.

I hate when solution are so obvious after spending so much time without seeing it :P

Thank again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1277

Replies: 4

Related Articles