Separate network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Separate network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Separate network
Separate network
2020-12-03 20:29:19 - last edited 2020-12-14 08:00:23
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi
My network is based on fiber IN with 3 deco5.
One of the decos I gave to my neighbour
 Today i can see my neighbour’s chromecast and you can easyly start s movie on his TV.

Is it possible to separate  his deco (the third one) on a separated network even if its the same ISP In.

Regards Lars

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Separate network-Solution
2020-12-04 00:02:30 - last edited 2020-12-14 08:00:23

@LargeLars That Deco (the on you gave away) needs to be factory reset (see instructions on using the reset pinbutton) and then he needs to set it up in his app for his internet details.  By giving it to him without resetting it, you are providing internet access to any devices he uses (and access to all your devices).

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Separate network-Solution
2020-12-04 00:02:30 - last edited 2020-12-14 08:00:23

@LargeLars That Deco (the on you gave away) needs to be factory reset (see instructions on using the reset pinbutton) and then he needs to set it up in his app for his internet details.  By giving it to him without resetting it, you are providing internet access to any devices he uses (and access to all your devices).

Recommended Solution
Options