Deco meshes to the wrong deco!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-04 08:01:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi - I have 5 decos around my house. All good. But. They are not connecting to eachother properly. The living room connects to the office which is the furthest away from it!! And the signal is rubbish as me so loses the internet every now and then. The problem is the rest of the M5s mostly then connect to the living room so we lose internet across most of the house. 

The office device connects to the guest room which has the fibre connection via ethernet to a router. This is also a bad signal. It's closest M5 by far is the kitchen. But it instead connects to a bad signal. This further impairs the mesh network integrity. 

How can I force the M5s to connect to the best signal device? I can do it manually, and have, by painstakingly turning each device on in turn, getting them to connect to eachother and going round the house one by one. That works. But then they reset back to the crap layout again!

Please help. I've invested a lot here and this is driving me a little mad 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 725

Replies: 0

Related Articles