Deco P9 Drop Out every few days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Drop Out every few days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Drop Out every few days
2020-12-20 11:02:08

@Tank I've been running this ever so slightly newer firmware build for about a week now, and while it is still early days, it's been solid so far and the problematic node hasn't dropped since. If you log a support ticket, they might be able to hook you up with it.

1.1.2 Build 20201027 Rel. 74518

Options
2020-12-20 13:20:11

@Tank 

Hi Stoo5150,

Very many thanks, that is very useful. Just submitted a ticket.

Kind regards,

Tony.

Options
2020-12-20 15:54:20

@Tank and All,

I have a similar issue that will be making furious since months (begin of pandemic).

My one is Deco M5 and I have 4 AP distributed over my 3 floors house.

The AP more on th top use to loss the connection from the others, time to time, one of 2 AP os the middle for, the same, loss connection from the main one.

So, they are alternating and disconnection by themselves, but in my case, I see red led.

Time to time, I co the APP and I click on new buttion (Optimze) and time to time, show me the network sinal is busy and APP will change.

If I have interference with channel, I expected Deco M5 just change automatically, does not make sense I have to use APP to change eveyday.

I don´t  know if I have really interference, I don´t have any other decice like phone wireless or other thing..

Maybe a but in the APP or Firmaware making making disconnection?    

Options
Re:Deco P9 Drop Out every few days-Solution
2020-12-21 16:23:42 - last edited 2020-12-22 03:07:49

@Tank 

Could I just say that, it would be best if you are considering what is stated below, then raise a ticket and ask if this firmware is suitable for your Deco P9's first.

Hi,

Just a quick update on my Deco P9's after raising a ticket.  Today I received an email to say could I update my firmware, which I have just done.

Full details of what I received form TP-Link are as follows:

Dear Tank,

As for the unstable issue of the Deco P9, it is suggested to upgrade the new firmware version for all the Decos to check if the problem can be resolved.

Please read the documentation thorougthly before upgrading new firmwares.

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201207/Documentation for upgrading Deco system.pdf

Here is the download link of the new firmware: 

Deco P9 V1/V2

Latest version: 1.1.2 201027 

Download Link: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201207/Deco_P9_1.1.2_Offline_Debug.zip

Note:

1.Please copy the complete website address and paste into the address bar of the Web browser. The small download window will pop up after entering the website.

2.There is a documentation for upgrading the Deco system on the downloaded file. Please read it carefully and follow up the instruction step by step.

3.To solve the problem, please make sure that you have upgraded the new firmware for all the Decos. The latest the firmware should be 20201027. Please refer to the method 2 on the following FAQ to check the firmware version for all decos after the upgrading https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2818/

Please upgrade the firmware and watch the performance, if the same issue persist, please feel free to reply to us.

But if the same issue persists after upgrading the firmware, please have further troubleshooting with us

I have just installed this on my three Deco P9's and I will let you all know how it goes.

Could I just say that, it would be best if you are considering the above, then raise a ticket and ask if this firmware is suitable for your Deco P9's first.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Tank,

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-12-29 17:49:48

2 weeks on, rock solid on the new firmware. No more disconnections! Yay!

Options
2020-12-29 20:22:09

Hi Stoo5150,

Since the firmware update on 21st December 2020, mind has been solid as well. 

Cheers,

Tony.

Options