Archer C6 switching back to router mode after setting as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-05 20:13:59
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good evening all,

I currently have a VM sh3 as the main router/modem connected to the outside world, I have purchased the archer c6 router which i have managed to set up as the following;

connected via cable to VM sh3 lan port 1 from the WAN port of the C6

Changed the IP address of the C6 to 192.168.2.11 and can log in to the C6 settings page using this address

have connected my devices eg pc  to c6 via cable to lan ports and also wifi connections eg phone smart devices etc to 2.4 ghz all connect fine

can log into vm sh3 settings page via 192.168.0.1 i have other housemates who use this hub for wired and wifi connections so i cant interfere with their connections atm

my problem lies with I set the c6 to its own ip address and changed the c6 to access point only and disabled dhcp on the c6 saved settings etc but now when i go back into the c6 it has changed back to router mode

how do i set my c6 as its own seperate sub network off the VM SH3

do i need to assign the 192.168.2.11 as a static reserved address on the sh3 if so how ??

any help will be greatly appreciated

mark

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C6 switching back to router mode after setting as access point
2020-12-06 03:09:47

@Jarrmar 

If you trying to configure C6 in AP mode you can refer to that guide.

In AP mode the LAN IP address of the router should be set in the same network subnet as the primary (VM sh3).

If the you access the primary router by 192.168.0.1 then you have two options for C6 LAN IP address:

1. you can set Static IP - 192.168.0.254 (for example) (preferred option)

2. Smart IP (DHCP) - C6 will receive its IP address from the primary router.

For the DHCP server there's two options as well:

1. Off (preferred option)

2. Auto - in this case C6 will discover if there's an active DHCP service in the network.If found, then it will turn its own DHCP service off, otherwise it will turn its DHCP service on.

After making these two settings on C6 you should be good to go with C6 in AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1335

Replies: 1