Archer AX50 . reboot again and again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-06 15:29:19
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037

Hi,

I´ve bought the above mentioned Router and installed it properly incl. firmware update etc. It works quite fine accept that the router reboots quite often during the day. I suspect heat issues but that should not be an issue since the reouter is placed on a wooden table w/o heating.

I´m quite curious whether anybody has:

1. similar issues and

2. a solution

Looking forward the some suggestions.

Cheers

Daniel

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 . reboot again and again
2020-12-07 01:58:46
Have you observed the router logs during these reboots, anything unusual ? CPU/Memory utilization via GUI => Advanced=>Status ?
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-31 15:00:09

@Ivaylo 

Hi,

it happend today ca. 5times so I´m responding again and providing additional information:

System log from the last reboot

and further more I can confirm there is nothing unusual regarding perfomance:

CPU1/2 28%/50%

MEMORY: 49%

Interestingly, if I connect an external SSD via the USB port then the router shuts down immediatly as well.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Daniel

Options
2020-12-31 16:41:33

@DanielSpalenka 

try putting the AX50 on a different power outlet, if still the same then it might be a faulty power adapter, if you can find another power adapter with the same specs and use it with the AX50 to see if it works. Other than that, replace the AX50 router.

i hope this helps.

Options
2020-12-31 18:15:23 - last edited 2021-01-01 09:34:16

@CHIBOMAN 

Follow the @CHIBOMAN advise regarding power adapter - there's a possibility this causes the issue.

Try by hard reset the router (Method 1) and re-configure from scratch.

The other thing I could think of is to put the router on spacers above the shelf to exclude the overheating as an issue (wood exhibits a low thermal conductivity).

Just do these on by one to determine which eventually could affect the issue.

How do you connect to the ISP ? (directly, PPPoE, modem, etc.) give some details on that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-02 13:18:32

@DanielSpalenka 

Hi All,

unfortunately even the hard reset didn´t work. I belive it ia an issues with the heat management of the router. I´m going to return it and look for a different brand.

Cheers

Daniel

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1049

Replies: 5

Related Articles