Deco P9 - Disconnected from other Decos & phone connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-07 11:30:08 - last edited 2020-12-07 11:32:23
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hi :)

First post, had the P9 for 1 week.

I have two issues.  

1. One satellite unit (Kitchen) states that it's "Disconnected from other Decos", but I 'think' that the unit is still functioning as signal strength is strong near the unit, and the LED is white.  Perhaps this is an error in the APP rather than the hardware?  I know that this error has been seen by people before on other hardware.  I can resolve the issue by restarting all the decos - restarting just the kitchen unit does not help.

2. On my phone (Pixel 5) and my Wife's phone (Moto - can't remember the model) the wifi often drops, then connects but says there is no internet.  Also, even when successfully connected  to the internet, some apps occasionally have problems.  For example, today, I was connected in the kitchen and getting 80 mbps on a speed test, yet Spotify was saying it was not connected.  I tried turning wifi off and on again in my phone but this did not work.   In the end, I fixed it by turning wifi off, going to the living room where I have another deco and turning the wifi on there.  After that, Spotify worked in the kitchen.   I also find that some apps are very slow to connect in the kitchen, or sites load but pictures are not displayed even though a speed test shows a very fast connection.  In many cases, turning Wifi off and moving to 4g is my solution  :(

Thanks for any help :)  

Options
12 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - Disconnected from other Decos & phone connection issues
2020-12-07 19:06:37

@Banzibarn  i do have the same issue since the last firmware update 1.1.2 about 2 weeks ago , tried to downgrade but i couldn't .

Options
2020-12-08 13:44:37

@Kuwaitish  That's interesting.  I updated to the new firmware quite soon after getting the P9 so I can't compare.

Options
2020-12-08 13:50:18

@Banzibarn anyhow , try to disable 2.4G and leave it on 5G only and see how it goes

Options
2020-12-10 13:29:48

@Kuwaitish Thanks, will try.  My only concern is that I think some of my devices are 2.4g only.

Options
2020-12-10 14:20:16

@Banzibarn in that case  try to enable guest network and put it on  2.4 for these devices , thats at least what i did .

Options
2020-12-11 08:33:57
Okay, good idea. Thanks :)
Options
2021-01-22 23:11:24

@Banzibarn I've just purchased the P9's too and I'm having the same issues. I posted a thread about it and TP-Link offered a beta firmware update to 1.1.3, which also hasn't fixed the problem. 

My Decos also show white lights but the app says they're offline - this happens randomly, and often. Devices get no interruption in connection or performance. 

Devices also show as offline when they're working perfectly!

Incredibly annoying. 

Options
2021-01-23 10:46:29

@SteRumbelow 

Indeed it is annoying!  I've come to the conclusion though that 90% of the time when the app says the kitchen deco is off line, it isn't, and everything works fine, so if I don't check the app I'm none the wiser.   So, I'm just not looking at the app and it's bothering me less! 😂

I hope in due course that the issue will be resolved via firmware although your experience doesn't bode well!  Could be an issue with the app I guess?  Anyway, overall the setup is still miles better than the old Virgin Hub so I'm still in a better place than before.

Options
2021-02-08 10:54:34

I've now had a firmware update which seems to have fixed the issues.  👍🏻

Options
2021-02-08 11:07:01

@Banzibarn which version are you now on? They sent me an unreleased version of 1.1.3 and it definitely doesn't fix it. Can't see any other updates available. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1824

Replies: 12

Related Articles