TD-W8961ND Cannot set static route

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-18 03:03:16
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version : 3.20.17.0

ISP : None

I do not have landline broadband and therefore do not need the routing for the internet via the modem. My internet access is via Internet connection sharing for a mobile broadband usb stick on another computer on the LAN. I have set the route on my previous router as 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 with the gateway set to the ip of the computer running ICS. But I cannot configure this in the static routes as the route errors the IP address 0.0.0.0 as invalid. How should I setup the route to forward all internet requests from the wireless LAN to the computer with internet connection sharing enabled.

I also cannot find how I would set a default gateway for DHCP clients?

Thank you in advance,
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W8961ND Cannot set static route
2013-02-18 05:32:58
Maybe give us smoe scheme your network, because I can't understand your work.
Options
Networtk description
2013-02-18 20:50:32
I have a basic class C LAN using 192.168.1.x addresses. I do not have any access to broadband via telephone line and so no cable is connected to the tplink router for the modem.
192.168.1.4 is a static IP assigned in windows for a PC with dialup access to the internet via a USB 3G dongle. This internet connection is shared using Windows 7 ICS.
All other devices connecting to the TPLINK are assigned a DHCP address by the TPLINK.

I previously had a DLINK router this had a static route configured of 0.0.0.0 MASK 0.0.0.0 Gateway 192.168.1.4 similar to how you would set the route on windows PC's. You could assign a default gateway for DHCP clients on the router also which was also set to 192.168.1.4 and the DNS server was set to 192.168.1.4.
This routed all non LAN traffic through the PC with Internet Connection sharing.

I have some wireless devices i.e. an IP Gateway that do not have any configuration interface, these rely on being setup by the DHCP server with the correct gateway and DNS information as there is not way to set a route or IP on them. This is where the route set in the TPLINK and address setup assigned by DHCP within TPLink are essential.

If this router is unable to route traffic in this way, are you aware of a device that might?

Thanks in advance
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1213

Replies: 2

Related Articles