Problem opening certain websites.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-18 03:49:05
Region : India

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BSNL BB

Hi Guys,

I have a BSNL BB connection. When I use the connection directly, without adding TP Link router, all the websites open flawlessly. Once when I connect the wireless router,
certain websites for example Yahoomail, pepperfry.com, yepme.com don't open at all. These are just examples, but I'm unable to access many sites which is a bit annoying. But sites such as gmail, youtube, facebook open clean, there are no issues. I didn't make any configuration changes too. I tried it more than three or four times, but there is a restricted access only. Please do help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks..
Options
4 Reply
Re:Problem opening certain websites.
2013-02-18 03:59:58
My proposition - you can complete DHCP Settings (gateway and DNS) after that you have to click SAVE and Reboot router.

Options
2013-02-18 21:54:03
Hi jimasek...

Thanks a ton for your response... I sent a mail to TP-Link support team also, they sent me a solution and bingo! it worked.

1. Please login to the device with 192.168.0.1

2. Chose network--> WAN--> advanced

3. Change the MTU size to 576 then save it and reboot it.

Please do share this if anyone face the same problem as me... ! Once again, thanks for the response.
Options
2013-04-22 00:36:44
I didn't understand step 1. Could you explain a bit more? Facing a similar problem....

Thanks
Options
2013-04-25 16:59:46
@vijayabharathi
it is very nice of you:D
Sometimes when you can not open some websites, however the internet is still going on, it is worth trying on decreasing MTU size. I got it. Cool.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1574

Replies: 4