External hdd for log capture

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-14 13:41:44
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20201016 Rel.62818

hi there,

I have noticed that the OC200 comes with a usb port on the front. Is it possible to plug in an external USB powered hard drive to extended log capture?

If so, is there any configuration required (format HDD to FAT or NTFS, increase log capture retention period) or do I plug in the HDD and it will automatically divert all logs to the device?

Options
1 Reply
Re:External hdd for log capture
2020-12-15 11:56:35

Dear @Snc,

I have noticed that the OC200 comes with a usb port on the front. Is it possible to plug in an external USB powered hard drive to extended log capture?

If so, is there any configuration required (format HDD to FAT or NTFS, increase log capture retention period) or do I plug in the HDD and it will automatically divert all logs to the device?

Yes, it's possible. You need to enable Auto Backup under Settings > Auto Backup, then specify the rules as you like.

Note: For OC200, Auto Backup is available only when it is powered by a PoE device and a storage device is connected to its USB port.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 785

Replies: 1

Related Articles