Deco M9 Plus firmware utility login issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-16 08:32:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 build 20190926

Hi there,

My Deco app says the latest firmware has been installed on deco units. However, when I check the website, it says the latest is 20201009 which is already fixing the AES issue. I don't get it why the app does not recognise the new firmware, but after a long read here on the forum, I found a topic where you guys suggest us to use the firmware utility to upgrade Deco.

I tried to download the utility software, but it does not allow me to log in. It says "Incorrect TP-Link ID or password. Please enter again or go to the Deco app to retrieve your password". The login what I tried to use is working anyway because I logged in here with that, as well as I tried to log out and log in again on Deco app and it worked.

So what should I do the get the utility app working?! Please advise ASAP!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Gabor

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus firmware utility login issue
2020-12-16 09:42:06 - last edited 2020-12-16 09:45:59

ok.. I've just found a FAQ page for this issue...

https://www.tp-link.com/hu/support/faq/2930/

I have had to disable my Virtual Box Virtual adapters and the login is working now.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Now the updagre was successful and Deco units have the very latest firmware...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 1

Related Articles