3-pack Deco X20 does not appear to provide Mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-17 04:42:22
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.05

I have a 3-pack Deco X20 in AP mode.

Main X20 is connected direct to ISP modem/router

Two further X20's are being moved around the house to get better signals, but I noticed through the app, that both these X20's are being connected back to Main and not actually creating a mesh network.

I have approx 500Mbps when I am sat next to the main X20.

When I go up one floor to a second X20 and even with an ethernet cable to it from a high-end gaming machine, I only get 93MBps. WiFi connection to this second X20 is even slower.  The second X20 and this desktop PC is the reason I was hoping Mesh might fix things.

I tried to use the third X20 in different locations around the house that might get stronger wifi from the main and it does get stronger wifi, BUT, because the second X20 with the ethernet to the desktop is fixed on communicating back to main X20, it seems stuck on 2.4GHz and slow speeds. 

If I could fix the system to have 5GHz throughout, that would be beneficial, but no options seem available.

Options
1 Reply
Re:3-pack Deco X20 does not appear to provide Mesh network
2020-12-17 11:43:08
Hi there, Yes, I have the a very similar situation, but with Deco M9 Plus. The different Decos don't create a mesh between them, but a start topology with the additional units connected directly with the main unit, which creates signal issues between one of the additional units an the main one due to distance (1st floor - main unit, 2nd floor additional unit and 3rd floor another additional unit that struggles to connect to the main one in the 1st floor) Thanks, /Guillermo
Options