Having lots of issues with the 1.5.1 firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-22 03:14:53
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

I'm having lots of wireless issues after the new 1.5.1 upgrade, I'm getting a lot of radom disconnects through-out the day which I never had prior to the upgrade. I also seem to be having issues with my playstation 4 wireless controllers which I never had prior to the upgrade either.

I removed both M5s from the app as I was under the impression this did a factory reset, I then added them back and setup my configuration the same as before. I have 2 deco M5s in a 1200 sqft home, they are positioned in opposite corners of the house. Everything has been working amazingly with no issues prior to the 1.5.1 upgarde.

After the upgrade it seems like every time I run the Network Optimization from the phone app it it would tell me I have an issue. When I hit the Optimize button sometimes it moves to a different channel, sometimes it leaves it on the exact same channel. Usually it selects channel 4 or 8

I have moved the main deco into an area of the house where it is able to detect other surrounding WiFi signals better, and this has maybe changed it to only tell me I have an issue every other time I run the Network Optimization scan. Finally when I disable the guest WiFi, this makes it so I only see an issue every 5th or 6th time I run the scan. This seems to have made the intermittent connection issues a bit better.

Regardless of moving the main Deco and disabling guest WiFi I always seem to have controller lag on my playstation now. I've contacted Sony and they've stated that 2.4Ghz wireless can affect the controllers so they recommend moving the 2.4GHz wireless channel on my router to 11. I have let them know that I'm not able to do that. They have also suggest moving the controller closer to the playstation console and to have direct line of site from the controller to the console. I've done this as well, but it does not help.

I've used a WiFi analyzer on my phone and I can see I don't have to many other wireless SSIDs in my neighborhood, at best I can see maybe 4 at any given time (not including my own) I can also see that no one is using channel 11 so I find it kind of odd that the deco never chooses that channel.

Is anyone else having issues with the new firmware? Is there anything else I can try? Is there a way I can downgrade back to 1.4.9?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 245

Replies: 0