340gd Connection Problem "G" Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-18 17:22:18
Region : Austria

Model : TL-WR340G

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 4.7.11 Build 101102 Rel.60376n

ISP : UPC

Hi,

my router is working perfectly for all our devices so far (Desktop via LAN, Desktop via WLAN, 2 Android devices WLAN, 1 printer, all simulatenously w/out problem).
Configuration that works:

54mbps
Channel: 3
SSID: on
DHCP: on
Security: Automatic
Encryption: Automatic

Now I have an old Nokia D211 (Specs: GPRS/WLAN-Combo card, PCMCIA Type II, WLAN in "B"/WEP 128bit only), that I have to use another device that would not accept a different card for WLAN. That is where my problem starts.

I can´t connect to "G" mode when I am trying the D211 to connect in when router is"G" mode, either WITHOUT encryption or WITH WEP (max 128bit possible on Card). When my router is in "B" mode however it WILL connect, but wiht HEXADECIMAL key type ONLY - for some reason the Card doesn´t connect with the normal ASCII type key.

Now what can I do to make the card work with "G" mode?

Pls no tips like "update driver", this card is many years old and there is no update. I will not change the router to "B" mode only for all, so thats also completely out of the question.

What solution do you have? Is there another update for the router or some kind of software tool?

Thanks for your input.
Options
4 Reply
Re:340gd Connection Problem "G" Mode
2013-02-18 18:29:52
It seems that you are in a dilemma. I do not think the router will have a update because the router is also a little bit old and the problem is not the router or the D211. It is the compatible issue between B&G technology.
Options
2013-02-18 19:21:20
How do you know that? The router reports in the Browser setup, that "G" standard will also support any "B" devices.

Since I can use my cellphones ("B" standard), it SHOULD work with the Nokia D211.
Options
2013-02-18 20:07:38
I guess so but i do not have the evidence. However, you can have a check that whether there is an option says 11b/g for the wireless settings. If you can use b/g at the same time, then it can solve you problem. If there is no such option, then i do not think the G and B devices can use at the same thime.
Options
2013-02-18 20:15:54
What is that for an retarded answer? Please don´t waste my time with useless answers.

If you don´t know anything just stay silent. Yours answer tells me that you didn´t even read my ENTIRE first post THOROUGLY.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 4

Related Articles