Help asked for configuration TP-Link model TL-WR802N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-23 07:47:57 - last edited 2020-12-24 12:26:53
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: ?

Hello, My name is Mike and I'm working behind the scenes at Max-Vitaal. Max-Vitaal is a care shop where people from far and wide come to borrow and purchase care products.

Now the company has purchased a TP-Link model TL-WR802N in consultation with Coolbleu. (A specialized company in computer products and related articles) The reason for this is that we have a somewhat outdated label printer (Zebra model ZD410) that works together with Lightspeed our back office program and webshop.

At first, this printer could only work on USB. After some research I was able to purchase a network module Upgrade kit and have it installed. The printer can now be accessed via Cat-5/6 cabling from the laptops that are physically connected to the network. Now we would very much like to make this printer wireless. That is why we bought the TP-Link model TL-WR802N.

However, whatever I try I can't get it to work. I have set the TP-Link as a client. My question now is, is there a possibility that it is being watched via Teamviewer to get this going? I am not a professional, I am 60 years old and love to help the boys of Max-Vitaal behind the scenes. I just lack a little knowledge. It would be nice if after six months of a lot of nagging this started to work.

Thanks so much for time and commitment and with a warm greeting, Mike (Team Max-Vitaal)

We wish you all a very happy holidays, a good and safe end and a prosperous but above all healthy 2021.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Help asked for configuration TP-Link model TL-WR802N
2020-12-24 06:00:42 - last edited 2020-12-24 12:26:53

@Max-Vitaal Hi Mike, client mode is right. Then you need to connect 802N to the same Wi-Fi as the laptop.

The connection should be printer -- network module -- WR802N )))(((  Laptop ("--" for wired connection,")))(((" for wireless connection)

BTW, here is the business community, while 802N is a SOHO product. You can also email tp-link, maybe an engineer will help to install with TeamViewer. https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Options
Re:Help asked for configuration TP-Link model TL-WR802N
2020-12-24 11:54:33 - last edited 2020-12-24 12:26:53

@.-. Thanks for the advice so far. I have done all things yoy wrote and wait now for TP-Link Support and hope they are be willing to help u. Thanks again and have a nice day

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 2

Related Articles