Setting up WAP so that everybody can print to a networked printer?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-18 20:34:49
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WA801ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Our family uses wireless everywhere: all our devices are connected to the Internet with a wireless modem router. So I bought a TL-WA801ND so everybody could print to our (wired) networked printer (a Brother HL-3040CN). I had it all working for a while, but now it seems to have dropped out - nobody can print over the network. I have spent some time fiddling, but the printer seems to have vanished from the network. I've tried restarting both the TL-WA801ND and the printer, but nothing. The printer is connected to the WAP with an ethernet cable, and I can access the web settings for the WAP. And I can print to the printer directly using a USB cable.

What are the best settings to use for this operation: should I set up the WAP in Client mode, or something else? And how can I set up the printer on everybody's computers so that no matter what happens, we can all print?

Thanks!

-A.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up WAP so that everybody can print to a networked printer?
2013-02-19 16:38:00
Make sure you can print wirelessly with the modem router by pass the WAP. And then you can set up WAP as Universal repeater instead of client mode.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1288

Replies: 1