TP Link Archer C7 one mesh with RE305

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link Archer C7 one mesh with RE305

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:TP Link Archer C7 one mesh with RE305
2021-01-06 03:36:13

@Ivaylo  Thanks again for reminding.

@OferTP please ensure both the Archer C7 V5 and the RE305 V3 are running the latest firmware, if not, update the firmware first.

@Eyalc when you mention the onemesh connection will drop, can you please confirm how did you notice this, does the RE305 disappear from the "devices in the onemesh network" and appears in the "Available onemesh devices" list? Do you actually encounter any connection issue with this behavior? We soon check and investigate, thanks.

Options
2021-01-06 07:27:03

Mesh worked for me but with low performance (30-40M).

Even when using RE305 as WiFi extender only performance is not high for both 2.4g & 5g.

The best results are when RE305 is configured as access point, but than mesh can't work.

Is it something TPlink can support? have all Mesh data-management flow via Ethernet port instead of WiFi channels ? 

During my tests i used different locations (no eye contact)- still used my laptop/smartphone to compare results to ArcherC7 Wi-Fi and validate WiFI performance on the same spot where RE305 is located . 

Options
2021-01-06 22:15:06

@Kevin_Z 

I just checked and it happened again. WHat also happens is that the one mesh in turned off in the Archer C7. Ofcourse I didn't disable it. Something causing it. Is there something in the logs I should look into that might give some hint why it is hapenning? 

Options
2021-01-07 02:56:57

@Eyalc 

This sounds weird, to locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2021-01-07 03:24:36

@OferTP 

I'm afraid onemesh will not work when you configure the RE305 into an access point and connect it to the A7 with an Ethernet cable. For more details, you may refer to the below FAQ:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2690/

As for the speed issue you are experiencing, please confirm the below, we can see if we can fix it:

1. What is the speed you can achieve when you connected to the A7 network directly, 2.4G and 5G? Is it normal or acceptable? If not, you will need to connect a computer to the ISP modem directly, compare the speed you can get with that when connected to the A7.

2. What is the distance between the A7 and the RE305? How about the signal strength in the location of the RE305 than you can receive from the A7? Ensure the signal is good enough to maintain a stable connection.

3. When you connected to the RE305 via 5G, what is the link speed on the computer or phone? If it is a Windows computer, you can check it as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

4. You can also try to modify the wireless settings on the A7, such as wireless channel and channel width, then reboot the A7 as well as the RE305 to confirm.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-01-26 12:16:54 - last edited 2021-01-26 12:17:59

Any progressw ith this issue? My archer C& always disable the mesh without me doing anything. It also disconnect all mesh devices and remove them from the list. Seems that TP link routers have lot of issues with there mesh.

@kevin_z

Options
Related Articles