Cannot setup new M9+ with iPhone app. Help requested

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-05 08:26:28 - last edited 2021-01-05 08:33:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

Model: M9+

Firmware: 1.4.0

Build: 20200324

Hi All

I received our new M9+ and I'm trying to set it up but running into problems completing. Could it be because of the "weak security" that my phone says when connected to the Deco Wi-fi? 

I unplugged my old router from the ISP Modem and connected the DECO M9 to ISP Modem. Note: My ISP modem is a voice modem only and not a modem/router combo (with only one Internet Ethernet port). I currently have a separate gaming router connected to it

Here are the steps from the setup that I took (on the iPhone app). Each one was successful to get to the next.

1) Turned off Modem

2) Connected Deco M9 to Ethernet

3) Turned both on

4) Deco went into setup mode 

5) iPhone app finds Deco Main 

6) Configured Internet Connection Type to "Dynamic"

7) Created Wi-fi Network (name and password)

8) Connected phone to Deco Wi-fi.  It has "weak network" listed under the connection

9) (FAIL) Test internet connection. This is where it fails. Again all I did was unplug my old router which was connected to Internet fine and plugged ethernet cord right into M9.

Any ideas? I tried deleting the device, deleting the network, and also re-booting. When I went through the setup again, I run into the same problem when trying to test internet connection. 

I just re-connected my old router and I'm up and running again (hence able to post this).

Also, if I'm unable to progress any further, how am I going to be able to update the Deco M9 firmware to resolve the "Weak Security" issue?

Thanks all!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 0

Related Articles