Parental control filter "Pay to surf" blocks Zoom

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-06 16:19:19
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel.52981

I am using parental control for my kids. Our music teacher uses Zoom for giving online piano lessons. I was unable to let my son run Zoom on his devices until I deactivated the filter category "Pay to Surf".

Category description of Pay to Surf is "Sites that compensate users to view certain websites, email messages, or advertisements, click links or respond to surveys". I do not recognize Zoom in this as it is an Online Video Communication tool to me.

Two questions:

1. Can this be fixed by TP link?
  2. How can I find out what exactly is filtered out by these categories? The documentation is really vague.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental control filter "Pay to surf" blocks Zoom
2021-01-07 05:49:28

@Bart_H 

I can tell you this parental control  on the TP-Link router is serviced by Trend Micro, and as far as I know, Zoom is categorized as "Business" by Trend Micro, no matter you are using for free or paid, so it is blocked if you enable "Pay to surf" on your router. If you want to use Zoom in your network, you must deactivate "Pay to Surf" first.

TP-Link must be aware of this, while I don't think they have a solution for you as this is determined by Trend Micro, not by TP-Link.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 1

Related Articles