Unable to connect Remote desktop and do file/Printer sharing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-19 23:51:49
Region : India

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 3.12.11 Build 120320 Rel.51047n

ISP : BSNL

Hello,

I am facing some issue in LAN network.I have connected one desktop( win 7) and another desktop (win xp) to the TP link router. Both the computers got ip address and able to share the internet. But both the computers are not in the same network. That is they cant PING each other. hence they are not visible to each other.

Kindly suggest me what i should do as i am trying to take remote access. and do some file sharing.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to connect Remote desktop and do file/Printer sharing
2013-02-20 00:05:32
Does turning off the firewall in the router help?

Also, check the firewall settings on both computers. IIRC in Windows 7 ping (ICMP) is blocked by default and has to be enabled for this to work.

If you can, use the home network feature in Windows 7 and put both computers on that network.
Options
2013-02-20 02:07:28
are u connecting those desktop on a wireless network or with cable ??

you might need to go to the advanced settings of ur wireless router and uncheck AP Isolation to enable accessing/sharing with other computers on the wireless network , and i guess win7 will configure itself or ask u about sharing , u might need to enable sharing in windows xp by urself , if you dont know you can always google there are tons of tutorials on the subject .

Options
2013-02-20 06:20:33
Hello- Same problem here.

When I use a different router with the same machines, everything works fine. I have tried checking and unchecking AP isolation and it still does not work. All the machines can ping the router, but cannot see eachother. File sharing is setup correctly because when I connect to a different router, it works fine.

To be clear, keeping everything the same, when I use my TL-WR700N I am unable to connect to the other computers on the network.

Any advice? Thanks!
Options
2013-02-22 18:55:41
As both the computers are on different network, you need to use 3rd part remote support tools such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC etc. in order to remotely access computers over internet. Another option is deploying on premise remote support appliance such as RHUB or Bomgar appliances.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 891

Replies: 4

Related Articles