Deco M4 with no connection to internet despite router is working fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-08 15:17:14 - last edited 2021-01-19 01:50:03
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

My two M4 Deco have been working just fine and my standard generic wifi router too with a good internet connection.

Today I woke up and my 2 M4 Deco have a storng wi fi signal (as always) but with no internet connection at all, the App shows that there is no connection to the Deco M4 and my internet provider lets me know that the internet service is working perfectly. I unplugged/plugged the main M4 Deco and the issue is still in place. I log in to tp-link via Chrome so as to make an online configuration and both M4 Deco routers miraculously connect to Internet.

Is there any way to avoid this?

I am asking this because I live in a rural area with limited access to mobile phone signal and I need to have a steady internet connection in case of an emergency.

Thanks,

Tom. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 with no connection to internet despite router is working fine-Solution
2021-01-15 18:50:51 - last edited 2021-01-19 01:50:03

@Pi0tr , I found out that, once you log-in as I explained before and if the issue pops up again, it is a hardware matter: I unplugged/plugged the cable that connects my standard router to the main M4 Deco and got it solved... this happened twice so far and solved it the same way.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Tom.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 with no connection to internet despite router is working fine
2021-01-15 18:16:16 - last edited 2021-01-15 18:37:44

@TomArgentina same problem with my two M4s, with an Orange router (Livebox+) :-(

• Arcadyan

modelo

PRV3397B_E_LT

operador

Orange

Options
Re:Deco M4 with no connection to internet despite router is working fine-Solution
2021-01-15 18:50:51 - last edited 2021-01-19 01:50:03

@Pi0tr , I found out that, once you log-in as I explained before and if the issue pops up again, it is a hardware matter: I unplugged/plugged the cable that connects my standard router to the main M4 Deco and got it solved... this happened twice so far and solved it the same way.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Tom.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-01-18 11:32:54

@TomArgentina Next time I try to unplug/plug the ethernet cable and I will change with a new one ASAP

best regards!

Options
2021-08-04 12:25:06

@TomArgentina At last I bought a M5 and now is my primary router. 0% problems since that.

thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1617

Replies: 4

Related Articles