Multiple device household issue with disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multiple device household issue with disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Multiple device household issue with disconnections
2021-01-10 15:35:08
NCSI is a Network Connection Status Indicator which is used to determine weather the device has an Internet access or not. Do you have any wired clients that are connected to the TD-W9970 ? (computer connected via Ethernet cable for ex.) Can you test during these drop-offs weather only wireless clients are affected or both (wired and wireless). Are all devices affected by the drop-offs or a particular one ?
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-10 15:48:47

@Ivaylo All wireless connections. It is doing it to all devices, including my desktop. The disconnects I noticed to me last night were when no one else was using it.

Options
2021-01-10 16:08:29 - last edited 2021-01-10 16:18:32

@paulcanning 

Try to connect your desktop by wire to the modem directly and test if there are internet disruptions.

I presume you are not using Reboot Schedule feature:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-10 16:57:27

@paulcanning No on reboot settings. The only changes I've made from default is the ones you've suggested. Have to do an ethernet connection tomorrow as its too busy to disrupt right now but I can also ask the ISP to test the line? I doubt it is that as we had issues with the copper wires to the cabinet but a lot of work went into fixing those to our block and it has been tested a number of times since. There is an ADSL filter between the wall socket and the modem router. Is there anything else you want me to do or try in the meantime?

Options
2021-01-10 17:03:48 - last edited 2021-01-10 17:04:29

It's a good idea to test the DSL with your ISP. A test with a wired device is also a good approach when you have spare time. Other than that I can't think of anything else.

Options
2021-01-10 17:17:57

@Ivaylo Cheers. Will report back and thanks again.

Options
Related Articles