My C4000 A20 Wifi router suddenly slows down with all WiFi clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My C4000 A20 Wifi router suddenly slows down with all WiFi clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:My C4000 A20 Wifi router suddenly slows down with all WiFi clients
2021-01-31 11:03:58
Can't say, because I don't know the algorithm of the soft one, that's why I recommend the hard one.
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:My C4000 A20 Wifi router suddenly slows down with all WiFi clients
2021-01-31 14:00:42

@HP15z 

try setting the transmit power on the 5Ghz frequency to low and keep the 2.4Ghz on High. the 5Ghz frequency isn't used much on other devices except for mobile phones.

reason for this is HEAT and POWER. When you enabled the guest network it caused the A20 to throttle due to the additional task which made it produce more heat and required more power which again causes heat so hence the throttling, so you will get slow speeds or low signal.

set the 5Ghz transmit power to low and reboot and observe if its still throttling. make sure also to keep the A20 cool, by adding a cooling pad or if not by just wall mounting it so that the heat can be dissipated a bit better.

TP-Link has the same heat problem on the AX50 which i have.

i hope this helps.

Options
Related Articles