Looking for router with bandwidth controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-10 23:19:31 - last edited 2021-01-11 16:39:21

Hello,

I'm researching what TP-Link Router is OK for me and one key feature is being able to set bandwidth controls per device. 

I liked both the Archer C7 and the Archer C80 but later I found out they do only have QoS and not individual bandwidth control per IP/device.

So, this is a general question. Can somebody recommend a router that is similar to C7 and C80 (same price range) but with that capabilities?

Thanks for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Looking for router with bandwidth controls-Solution
2021-01-11 06:58:53 - last edited 2021-01-11 16:39:21

The Bandwidth Control feature has been phased out in favor of QoS. If you are after a gigabit router with Bandwidth Control feature, then you should look for Archer C5, if any stock left. This feature can be found now only in cheapest router models. If you need more flexibility from the QoS feature it's a good idea to fill up a feature request here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Looking for router with bandwidth controls-Solution
2021-01-11 06:58:53 - last edited 2021-01-11 16:39:21

The Bandwidth Control feature has been phased out in favor of QoS. If you are after a gigabit router with Bandwidth Control feature, then you should look for Archer C5, if any stock left. This feature can be found now only in cheapest router models. If you need more flexibility from the QoS feature it's a good idea to fill up a feature request here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Looking for router with bandwidth controls
2021-01-11 16:38:02

@Ivaylo 

Thank you for your feedback.

So I understand Bandwidth Control is deprecated in newer models in favor of QoS. In Mexico TP-LINK site still sells model C5 but I will trust the brand and choose then a newer model with QoS and I hope in the future something can be upgraded via firmware.

I guess I will go with the C80 that I understand is a little bit above the C7 and I like this "3×3 MU-MIMO Simultaneously communicates with multiple MU-MIMO clients" mention.

-- Alfredo

Options
2021-01-11 16:38:25

@Ivaylo 

Thank you for your feedback.

So I understand Bandwidth Control is deprecated in newer models in favor of QoS. In Mexico TP-LINK site still sells model C5 but I will trust the brand and choose then a newer model with QoS and I hope in the future something can be upgraded via firmware.

I guess I will go with the C80 that I understand is a little bit above the C7 and I like this "3×3 MU-MIMO Simultaneously communicates with multiple MU-MIMO clients" mention.

-- Alfredo

Options
2021-01-11 16:59:54
If you chose C80, keep in mind that current FW may not support Port Forwarding ranges like most of the other devices - it works only for opening individual ports.
Options
2021-01-11 17:02:18
I see. What model would you suggest in that price range?
Options
2021-01-11 17:06:59
I would go for C7. It also supports OneMesh feature if you decide to use it.
Options
2021-01-11 18:14:14
I'll go with your suggestion. I has more than 10 years that I used to buy, configure and use routers but this is my first one for my syster's home now in 2021. I'll have another one later for my home. Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 886

Replies: 7

Related Articles