Only one MTK based device connects to archer c20.v5 (Non MTK devices connects Normally)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Only one MTK based device connects to archer c20.v5 (Non MTK devices connects Normally)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-11 00:38:46 - last edited 2021-01-28 17:46:45
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Archer C20(US)_V5_200915

Hi, my archer c20 v5 will not allow devices to connect to the 2.4 wifi , only one of them connects

Current config:

Archer c20 v5 

Firmware Archer C20(US)_V5_200915

Ap mode

Wifi config: BGN mode 20 mhz channel 1 o 11 (tried changing channel)

Security set to wpa/wpa2 automatic but tried setting to open network and the problem is there.

Everything else like mac filtering and wps is disabled

My devices

Xiaomi red mi 9 (not redmi note, redmi series, midrange)

Motorola moto g8 play. 

2 Mxqpro dual core android box.

1 Niatec dual core android box.

Tried:

Hard reset.

Firmware update

Change to router mode

Devices with ip address (I mean dhcp off and on, the problem is still there)

All of them has a different and unique mac address 

How only works and how Im using it now: 

Set to router mode. But

MY isp restricted ipv6 so in router mode only works ipv4. (In ap mode ipv6 works normally)

Setting wifi client isolation to on will let the devices connects but only when the archer.c20 v5 is in router mode. In ap mode will not let connect them, only one of them connects

The problem : 

Can't access to home shared network because wifi devices are isolated.

Functions like cast to the tv doesn't work with client isolation

How other devices works in ap mode:

Linksys wrt54g with original firmware works good.

Huawei  hg530 works good.

Linksys wrt54g with ddwrt works good.

All of them let connects my devices normally.

In my isp módem:

Can't set to bridge, isp has many restrictions.

Why needed Archer c20 : 

Because has strong wifi my house has 2 floors, is dual band.

Why not using the other routers like the linksys wrt54g: because don't have dual band , ipv6 natively is not supported and the wifi of those third party routers ar bg (54mb) .

What can I do?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Only one MTK based device connects to archer c20.v5 (Non MTK devices connects Normally)-Solution
2021-01-28 16:33:53 - last edited 2021-01-28 17:46:45

Found the problem.

after connecting the archer c20 on another isp with a different modem everything worked great

tested archer c20 in another house with my same isp and modem (an arris tg862a) , the problem was there.

the problem was :

my isp sells many routers, Ap, mesh solutions, etc.
the callcenter agent toldme that many modems has some restrictions (because they sell their own brand of ap's , modems , routers etc)

also, the modem arris tg862a has a modified firmware 

the solution for my isp : change their modem to bridge mode and now everything works normally

Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:Only one device connects to archer c20.v5 (most of them mid range android phones)
2021-01-11 07:13:00 - last edited 2021-01-11 16:23:09

@Niconico 

Try AP mode with these wireless security settings for both bands:

Because your ISP device is in router mode then disable the C20 DHCP server and use the ISP device DHCP range for your local devices.

Of course LAN IP address of C20 should be in the same IP network as the ISP device (preferably outside of it's DHCP range).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Only one device connects to archer c20.v5 (most of them mid range android phones)
2021-01-11 15:01:06

@Ivaylo 
wpa2-psk  personal with aes encription : not working

current config : ap mode
my isp ip range : 192.168.0.1-254
archer c20 ip : 192.168.0.136
archer c20 intelligent IP is disabled. archer c20 manual ip was set to 192.168.0.136 (this is is not being using by any device, only the c20 uses this)
wifi was also set to open network with no security: not working
intellligent dhcp : on and off : not working

remember, the client isolation mode while the c20 is in ap mode is not working, only one devices connects
c20 in router mode : all devices connects but only when the c20 has client isolation active

please note this :

archer c20 processor brand : MediaTek
my devices procesor brand : MediaTek

moto g 8 play : MediaTek Helio P70
xiaomi redmi9: Mediatek Helio G80
one of the generic android boxes : MediaTek MT6577

so, is the main processor doing something with the devices?

Options
2021-01-11 16:33:27 - last edited 2021-01-11 16:36:18

I doubt that the main CPU is doing something wrong.

What about 5GHz devices are they connecting normally. Any laptop desktop devices connected by wire to C20, do they behave normally ?

Can you post screenshots of your C20 WAN, LAN, DHCP server and Wireless settings ? Make sure you cover your passwords when posting screenshots.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-11 16:48:47 - last edited 2021-01-11 16:52:07

@Ivaylo 
i'm getting an server exception on this site i will try to upload everything here but if doesnt work heres a google drive link with all images in jpg

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l4zj5ZmWJvcAPN5oY0jcc4WWuzXpupXi?usp=sharing

other settings like mac filtering and guest network are currently disabled

Options
2021-01-11 17:20:51 - last edited 2021-01-11 17:21:54

@Niconico 

What about 5GHz devices are they connecting normally ?

Any laptop desktop devices connected by wire to C20, do they behave normally ?

What's your ISP device ?

Can you post a photo of the bottom sticker of C20 device ?

Try setting Channel Width and Channel to Auto in wireless basic settings.

Disable Client Isolation from wireless advanced menu.

Reboot the C20 device.

Options
2021-01-11 17:31:03

@Ivaylo  i dont have 5 ghz devices
by wire : lg smart tv 
my isp : claro colombia
my isp modem : Arris tg852 (wifi is slow and very short range, thats why im using archer c20)

channel auto : same problem
client isolation off : same problem
rebooted device
tried again these settings : same problem

Options
2021-01-11 17:38:20

Update: non mtk devices conects normally.

Motog 8 plus : ok.

Samsung j5 prime: ok.

Samsung galaxy core2: ok.

Mtk devices only one of them conects

Options
2021-01-11 17:50:27 - last edited 2021-01-11 17:55:32

Are you saying that other phones are connecting normally with the C20 on 2.4GHz band as long as they are not MediaTek based ?

Postpone the following actions:

Do you have stable internet connection on your LG TV connected by cable to C20 ?

Does your LG TV have a wi-fi adapter ? If yes try to connect wirelesslly on 5GHz preferable to test the other wi-fi band. If no, try with dual band device on 5GHz band for a test. When in AP mode which port are you using for uplink to your ISP device (LAN/yellow or Internet/blue one) ?

If using yellow (LAN) then try using the blue one (Internet) and see if any difference (reboot the device after re-cabling).

Options
2021-01-11 18:14:19 - last edited 2021-01-11 18:22:01

@Ivaylo 

yes, i have many other NON mtk devices, all of them connects normally

non mtk devices that works normally
motorola g8, sony ericcson android phone, samsung galaxy j5 prime, samsung galaxy core 2 duo, motorola moto g7plus

mtk devices :

every room of my house has an mtk based android box  (total 4)
xiaomi redmi9 (the mid range one, has mtk processor)

motorola moto g8 play

with linksys router in ap mode : works 

my lg tv works good by wi-fi adapter, and works good by wire
motorola motog8 plus has 5g wifi, works normally with the c20
sony ericcson has 5g too and works good

so,

all non mtk devices connected to 2.4 ghz : works good
all mtk based devices (android boxes, xiaomi and moto g play) : only randomly one of them connects until i set the c20 to router mode and turn on client isolation

all non mtk based devices with 5g: works good

my mtk based devices doesnt have 5g so i dont know if there's that problem in the 5g too

i found an old tplink wifi adapter (realtek rtl 8188eu based) in my windows 10 computer works normally

in ap mode i connect the internet cable from isp to WAN (blue )
after reboot

cable from isp to LAN1 (yellow)
and no difference

i made a video with the 2 android boxes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLNQ4se6FuqBsZq4tlMrhu56Cs7FQPJM/view?usp=sharing

Options
2021-01-11 18:17:36 - last edited 2021-01-11 18:18:54

as you can see in the video, the second android box connects, then disconects, and do that all the time until i set the c20 in router mode with client isolation

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1924

Replies: 18