LED Green but disconnected and very low speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-13 05:41:17
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.8 Build 20200814 Rel. 63319

Hello,
I recently bought Deco M5 3-units pack whole home to replace my routers. I live in a 4 storey building, which every floor has a router with WISP connection. Therefore, there were 4 different SSID, and everytime we move to another floor, we had to change wifi connection. So troublesome.

So, I setup Deco, and turned off the wifi of my main router which acted as gateway, with 50 Mbps fiber-optic connection to outside. It located in 2nd floor. That was a main deco.

Then I add another deco at 1st floor, then another at 3rd floor. Each occupies more or less same space with previous router, which I turned off.

For an hour after everything was set, all three deco has green LED, I checked the power and speed on each floor, looked very good. I got 40 Mbps in my room on 3rd floor. Wow.

But then, things went strange. Suddenly all subset Deco were disconnected in my deco app. But when I look to the LED, they were still green. A while later, one of them has blinking red.

I checked with app to measure wifi power, there were a drop in main deco broadcast power, down to -70 dB. It previously had -45 dB. When I touched, these devices were hot. And now, I have to reinstate the routers...

btw, those routers were WAAAYYYY cheaper than Deco....

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Donny

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 0