Archer C2300 slow internet over WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-16 11:04:41 - last edited 2021-01-16 13:38:58
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 180810

Hi,

I have an Archer C2300 which is used as router/access point for my home network. Yesterday I got an upgrade from 150/20 to 200/20mbps on my cable internet. That included getting a new modem Ubee EVW32C. The isp set it in bridge mode for me so there are no settings or anything on it to be accessed or changed. It is connected from LAN1 on Ubee to WAN on the Archer. It is dynamic IP internet connection. I had no problems before yesterday with the internet going close to 150mbps regularly, but since yesterday download speeds are slow sometimes stuck on 4-5mbps. (However upload is always at 20). It has gotten up to 190mbps once but otherwise it is mostly under 70mbps.

First I thought it was on the provider side, but I have since conected my laptop directly with cable to the ubee modem and I have yet to measure a speed under 160mbps. 

I have power cycled many times, also factory reset the Archer. Is there anything I am missing or can do to further troubleshoot/fix this?

UPDATE:

I have found the setting "Internet port Speed negotiation". It was set to Auto Negotiation and I have changed it to 1000Mbps Full Duplex. My WiFi-connected windows 10 laptop now gets almost full 200Mbps download, however when I run the speedtest on the router web interface It shows much lower speeds speeds at around 100Mbps. Also when I try to run it on my android phone or a second windows 10 laptop the speeds are lower than on my windows 10 laptop. Any ideas? I am even more confused now....

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 slow internet over WAN
2021-01-16 20:28:55

@clkd 

When the 'Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting' was on 'Auto Negotiation' what was the negotiated speed of the Internet port:

If it's negotiating @100 mbps, then that's the reason for the bottleneck you're experiencing.

Try another Cat5e/6 cable or use different LAN port of the Ubee and see what happens - it should negotiate @1000mbps on Auto.

As for the wireless clients make sure you are connected @5Ghz wireless band to negotiate better speeds:t

Some tips:

How we can check the negotiation speed of Ethernet ports on TP-Link Wireless Router? (new logo)

How to check associated speed on a wireless client.

How to check associated speed on a wired client.

What should I do if internet speed is slow when the device is connected to the TP-Link router ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer C2300 slow internet over WAN
2021-01-16 21:30:07

@Ivaylo 

Thank you for your reply. Now it seems to be in 1000Mbps full duplex even on auto and the speeds on most devices including the internal speedtest are very high. I have no idea why it is working now. I will keep monitoring and testing but I am really baffled what could have caused this....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1554

Replies: 2

Related Articles