WiFi connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi connection problem
WiFi connection problem
2021-01-16 16:10:48
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 EU

It's several months I am struggling with strange connection problems between my Notebook and Wifi 5ghz hosted by Archer C6.
The notebook is an Asus ROG Strix GL703GM mounting an Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160mhz with Windows 10 Pro 64-bits fully updated.

Whenever I use an updated driver (anything newer than v21.10.x), I simply cannot connect to the network because the password is always rejected.

In these past months I was focused on Intel drivers because the problems vanish by reverting to v21.10.x, and it is the only device having this issues.

I have the very same problem also with WiFi 5ghz on Archer MR600 v1.

Some days ago, I changed the router, and magically also the drivers' problems disappeared (this is a link to my Intel community thread).

This pushed my focus somewhere between the driver and the routers, and I did some tests:

• I installed the new drivers
  • I tested all available channels (36, 40, 44, 48) nothing changes with Archer C6
  • on the other side, I don't have any problem with the other router using the same SID, pwd, and channels.

Then I decided to do a final test by installing OpenWRT firmware on Archer C6, and I discovered that it is working perfectly with equivalent WiFi settings (SID, pwd, tested on 4 channels).

By this last test, I can:

• exclude any radio interference
  • exclude any Archer C6 hardware problem.
  • shift the focus somewhere between the Intel driver and the TP-Link firmware, also considering the fact I have the very same problem using the wifi of Archer MR600.

Any idea about?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 0

Related Articles