Deco remote node drops and won't reconnect to Brother wireless printer until reboot
- I set up a 3 node deco mesh system with a wireless inkjet printer (Brother MFC-J497DW) connected via wifi.
- It is in the same room as the Main Deco.
- I have set up the printer with a static IP address on the LAN (as recommended by the printer setup software).
- I reserved that IP address fo the printer through the DECO settings
Initially, wireless printing and scanning worked from all of our windows and ios devices.
- After the printer has been idle for some time (variable, 2 hours?) devices connected to the REMOTE deco units (not the Main deco) fail to connect (when printing or scanning).
- The error messages in windows say that the printer is unreachable or offline. I cannot connect to the static IP address manually or through the brother software utilities.
- However, when I cam connected to the Main deco (e.g. standing in the same room, with the iphone), the main Deco is able to establish connection and print.
The only way I can get the remote Deco nodes to allow printing again is to do a hard restart on the Brother printer and/or each deco node (which is very inconvenient).
That is only a temporary solution as after an idle period, devices connected to the remote deco nodes fail to print again.
Please advise on how to fix this!