PPTP/Russia PPTP in TL-WR940N not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-17 12:53:05
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.19.1 Build 180119 Rel.59618n

Hi I have a TL-WR940N which had no problem connecting to a PPTP vpn. However I decided to update the router firmware and with the new firmware it only connected the first time. Just once. So I decided to downgrade to the previous firmware. NOW IT DOESN'T CONNECT, it only work as a simple wifi router. Any help? Here is the System log, I hope it helps.

Options
3 Reply
Re:PPTP/Russia PPTP in TL-WR940N not connecting
2021-01-17 13:18:24 - last edited 2021-01-17 13:23:50

@Johnylee 

Have you hard reset (Method 1) the device after upgrading to the latest FW and re-configure from scratch ? Sometimes that helps in similar situation. If not, try that.

If you have, then hard reset after downgrading to the previous FW and again re-configure from scratch. See if that helps.

Also check this setting and compare with the one you're using (sometimes tweaking that helps):

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-17 14:49:28

@Ivaylo Thank you for your answer. Yes I had already hard reseted, i think settings are ok too (but obviously they are not, if they were it would be working...). I don't know what else t

Options
2021-01-17 17:08:39 - last edited 2021-01-17 17:11:23

@Johnylee

So, you have hard reset after downgrade to previous FW version, re-configured from scratch and still can't connect ?

Contacting your ISP could be the other way to go. If there are some specific settings they should know that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 790

Replies: 3

Related Articles