Connect second router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connect second router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connect second router
Connect second router
2013-06-23 03:14:39
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a sitecom router which i want to connect (not wireless but by using a cable) to my tp-link router. When i connect the routers, i do not have internet access via the sitecom router. The other way round, using the sitecom as the first, and connect this one to the tp-link works fine but this is not what i want. Any suggestions?

Actually, i want to use my old sitecom router because the tp-link refuses to connect to some of my wireless devices (in particular, my Xoom2 tablet) . I have seen this problem posted by somebody else, but i don't know whether this has been solved already.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connect second router
2013-06-23 17:44:32
Cable connection from Sitecom to WAN TP-Link? What is your IP address on Sitecom?
Options
2013-07-03 14:42:32
My fault. What i meant is the following: the tp-link router is my first router, that is connected to the internet. I want to use my old Sitecom router as a second router, and use a wire to connect these two routers. However, for some reasons this does not work: i have no internet access via the sitecom router. Any idea?
Options
2013-07-03 20:35:37
I've figured it out myself. It seems to work now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 3

Related Articles