TL-WA850RE with LAN network printer, IP address conflict with DHCP Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-21 16:06:21
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 200923

I have the TL-WA850RE extender connected to a DSL Wifi router.

A LAN printer is wired to the TL-WA850RE.

Normally, I can print ok, but sometimes on some days, the router assigns to the printer the same IP address as the TL-WA850RE DHCP server, but the printer still thinks it has the old IP address. I have to restart the extender and printer to reset the IP addresses to get the printer working again.

In the TL-WA850RE control panel > Settings, should I turn off DHCP Server? It is set to Auto by default.

Startup Detalis:

Normally, when the TL-WA850RE is powered on, it get's assigned 2 IP addressses by the DSL Wifi Router. This is what the router control panel shows:

• XXX.XXX.XXX.24 - Network Name: TL-WA850RE - (Other Connection through PC-XXX-XXX-XXX-100) - MAC address same as reported by TL-WA850RE control panel.
  • XXX.XXX.XXX.100 - Network Name: PC-XXX-XXX-XXX-100 - (2.4 GHz connection) - MAC address is 2 digits changed from the MAC address of the TL-WA850RE

I assume the XXX.100 address is the DHCP server in the TL-WA850RE?

When I turn on the printer, the router assigns it:

• XXX.XXX.XXX.22 - Network Name: PrinterSerialNumber - ((Other Connection through PC-XXX-XXX-XXX-100) - MAC address same as reported by printer

I set XXX.24 and XXX.22 in the Router to fixed assignment.  Printing works.

When I try to access the IP addresses in the browser:

• XXX.XXX.XXX.24 - opens TP-link control panel
  • XXX.XXX.XXX.100 - does nothing
  • XXX.XXX.XXX.22 - opens printer control panel

Problem:

After a few days, the router control panel shows:

• XXX.XXX.XXX.24 - (Active) - Network Name: TL-WA850RE - opens TP-link control panel
  • XXX.XXX.XXX.100 - (Active) - Network Name: PC-XXX-XXX-XXX-100 - 2.4GHz Wifi / 1 Gbit LAN - opening this link goes to the printer control panel
  • XXX.XXX.XXX.22 - (Inactive) - no connection

Computer printing software cannot find the printer on XXX.22

The router shows the XXX.100 as both Wifi and LAN connection, with the MAC address of the DHCP server.

XXX.100 opens the printer control panel.

So I think the XXX.100 address gets assigned to both the TP-Link DHCP server and the printer?

I have to restart the extender and the printer to reset the IP addresses.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE with LAN network printer, IP address conflict with DHCP Server
2021-01-21 16:40:29

For the moment, I have disabled DHCP Server on the TL-WA850RE.

After restart, The PC-XXX-XXX-XXX-100 connection changed to PC-M-A-C-A-D-D-R-E-S-S, the address with 2 digits changed from the extender's MAC. And it has no IP address.

The printer is assigned the correct IP address from the DSL Wifi Router of XXX.XXX.XXX.24.

TL-WA850RE still shows up as XXX.XXX.XXX.22.

I will check to see in the next days if the printer looses it's IP address, and gets into conflict with PC-M-A-C-A-D-D-R-E-S-S.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 1

Related Articles