Archer AX10 :: Smart connect issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-22 10:58:51 - last edited 2023-05-04 01:43:37
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

After getting Firmware update facing wearied issue. When I connect my mobile(OnePlus 7t) to WiFi , it will connect to 5ghz but after some time automatically it's switching  to 2.4ghz. not sure why it's happening. Because I am seating next to my router and if I understand currently smart connect will switch bands based on availability. Please let me know what is the solution ?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart connect issu
2021-01-22 12:21:10

@HemalShah 

If this feature (Smart Connect) doesn't work for you as expected just turn it OFF.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-22 15:43:56 - last edited 2021-01-22 15:45:21

@Ivaylo thanks but it will not solve the problem. I am looking for solution not a work around 

Options
2021-01-22 18:18:23

@HemalShah 

It's an option, but since the algorithm of this feature is FW embedded, you may have to wait for a solution till the next FW release.

The only thing you could do is to hard reset the device and re-configure it from scratch OR to revert back to the old FW (if possible) to see if either of these will solve the problem.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-22 18:25:53

@Ivaylo Today only got the router and while configuring got fw update. So not sure if hard reset or revert old fw will help. Did you tried this ? It's it working for others or its just me who facing issue? 

Options
2021-01-22 19:21:28

@HemalShah 

So you haven't used this feature before today, right ? I thought you used it for a while and after FW upgrtade it dowsn't work for you as before the upgrade.

On your question - I've used it and it doesn't suit my needs, so I keep it OFF - hence my advise to turn it OFF if it doesn't suite your needs.

Other people are using it successfully - it really depends on the particular case or network scenario.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 545

Replies: 5

Related Articles