Old Wifi network is still there

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-22 14:04:51

Hi I bought a 3 pack of M9+'s and installed it following the app, which meant connecting it to the router provided by TDC, my local ISP. This ISP router is connected by a phone wire to a wall socket, so there is no modem in between. Does that mean I can actually just plug the wire straight into my M9 instead of having my ISP router in between? 

Thanks,

Johannes

Options
1 Reply
Re:Old Wifi network is still there
2021-01-22 18:58:59 - last edited 2021-01-23 00:54:24

@DutchIT 

It should be a DSL service since it uses a telephone cable. If that's the case, this is the modem/router from your ISP and you can't bypass it. Moreover you shouldn't have RJ-11 (telephone cable) connector on your M9+ devices.

Now, what you can do is to ask your ISP, if the modem/router can be configured in bridge mode. If it can, then you can use your main M9+ device in router mode to avoid double NAT in your network.

Of course you'll have to disable your old wi-fi network, so it won't interfere with the DECO system wireless signal.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 1

Related Articles