Can I replicate Airplay and connect to my amp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-25 20:14:17 - last edited 2021-03-05 11:30:13
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I'm just getting started with my X60 mesh network, and a bit of a noob to this. My previous WiFi network was Apple Airport and I used to have a 5mm headphone jack cable that connected one of the Express points to my amp, so I could Airplay music to the speakers on my stereo. It's there a way of replicating this set-up, or doing something similar, with the Deco modules?

Thanks

Tod

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I replicate Airplay and connect to my amp-Solution
2021-01-28 17:50:34 - last edited 2021-01-29 06:44:38

Thanks @Vanellus

I got it to work a little smoother by connecting an Ethernet cable to the Express unit from my computer, then going into Airport Utility and switching off its WiFi settings, but keeping the Airplay settings on. Once it was set I disconnected it from my laptop and connected to my Deco via the Ethernet cable - and now it seems to be a pretty solid connection, that doesn't interfere with the existing Deco WiFi, but allows me to play music to my stereo.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I replicate Airplay and connect to my amp
2021-01-28 17:27:43

@TodB 

If you still have your Airport Expresses, reset them by holding in the button at the back of the Express until you get a yellow flashing light. 
Then  usingAirport Utility, get them to JOIN your new network. All Airplay functions will work as before

Options
Re:Can I replicate Airplay and connect to my amp-Solution
2021-01-28 17:50:34 - last edited 2021-01-29 06:44:38

Thanks @Vanellus

I got it to work a little smoother by connecting an Ethernet cable to the Express unit from my computer, then going into Airport Utility and switching off its WiFi settings, but keeping the Airplay settings on. Once it was set I disconnected it from my laptop and connected to my Deco via the Ethernet cable - and now it seems to be a pretty solid connection, that doesn't interfere with the existing Deco WiFi, but allows me to play music to my stereo.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can I replicate Airplay and connect to my amp
2021-01-28 17:55:58
Good to hear I have two ‘joined’ to my network and they work great.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 883

Replies: 3