Archer C6 v2 in AP mode - how to set up OneMesh network with RE300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-26 17:09:50
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

I have Archer C6 v2 that works in the Access Point mode (connected to router provided by my internet provider). I've tried to setup a OneMesh network with RE300 but Tether App (RE300->Tools->OneMesh) displays message informing that my router does not support OneMesh. When checking Archer C6 menu (tplinkwifi.net) there is also no option for creating OneMesh network.

I've checked that everything works flawlessly when I switch Archer C6 to the router mode. After switching to this mode it took me less than a minute to create OneMesh network with RE300. It was possible via the website since 'Advanced' menu is available in the router mode.

Can you please advise how to set up OneMesh in the AP mode? I can't imagine that it works only in the router mode. If so I will need to return RE300, scrap Archer and find another working & reliable solution. 

P.S. I've tested also some previous firmware version with no success.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2 in AP mode - how to set up OneMesh network with RE300
2021-01-26 20:20:54 - last edited 2021-01-26 22:43:00

@WaldekPL 

OneMesh works only in router mode - check this out, and in particular Q8/A8.

You can try setting up C6 in 'manual AP mode' (in which C6 stays in router mode, but you are using it as an AP) and bypass that restriction.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1064

Replies: 1