Long house with router at the front

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-27 23:33:29

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying an Deco M9 2 pack to hopefully fix my wifi issues.

My house is long and the modem has been installed at the front of the property. If I use a Deco M9 as my new router and have the other M9 unit towards the back of the house there will be roughly 30 meters (100 feet) of distance between them. Will they still work efficiently or should I connect them both to a powerline adaptor (will that work)?

New to all this stuff so hopefully someone can help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Long house with router at the front
2021-01-28 02:49:12

@matty_bell01 

You'll need to experiment in your house as they are all different. In my house I have two M9+ units at opposite ends of the house. They are connected with separate power line adapters as there are too many walls for a high bandwidth wireless connection between the units. You can see how the units are connected by viewing the satellite unit in the deco app and looking at its signal source (If you have v2 hardware then this is only visible after updating firmware).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 1

Related Articles