Unable to connect Windows 10 devices to RE450

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-29 12:45:13
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20201203 Rel. 80349

Hi,

Recently purchased RE450 to extend existing TPLink router.  Installed fine and connected fine with numerous iphones, ipads, TVs and smart devices.

Whenever I try to connect either my Windows 10 laptop or PC to the extenders wifi network it gives the error "unable to get network settings from router."

I checked and the firmware needed updating, so I downloaded the firmware file and plugged into the extender using an ethernet cable with my laptop.  This worked find and the update processed.  However, now when I try to log into the extender I get this screen:

If I manually change the address to just index.html it will load to this screen:

If I then try to check anything the loading will hang as such:

The extender still works from all devices except those based on Windows 10.  It appears the firmware update was succesful as you can see, but I'm at a loss as to why the extender now won't load screens correctly.

Any advice on both issues would be greatly appreciated, however I'm presuming the Windows 10 issue is something Microsoft may need to look at.  A simple internet search shows I'm not the only person with this issue, but no resolutions so far.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect Windows 10 devices to RE450
2021-01-29 23:58:01

@TheCardinal5483 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/249880

I've now seen this article which solved the web based issue but still unable to get windows 10 devices to connect

Options