Wireless Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wireless Settings
Wireless Settings
2013-02-21 14:39:11
Region : India

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hiee Guys!!
Can anybody here say how to setup an adhoc network using TPLINK WR740N without using any internet connection?
I want to setup a WLAN connection between my Desktop and 2 other Laptops for file transfer and sharing....

My seond question is how to search and connect to other available wifi networks using my router?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireless Settings
2013-02-21 16:58:43
Make all devices connected to the router successfully then the desktop and 2 other laptops can see each other. Leave the router powered up, no other setting required. Second function required the WDS function. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=227 Hope this instruction can help you!
Options
2013-02-21 17:27:03
For some strange reason, TP-LINK firmware seems to need an internet connection on the WAN port. Hope the above works for you. If not, we'll try more advanced things.
Options
2013-02-21 18:30:56

anytimer wrote

For some strange reason, TP-LINK firmware seems to need an internet connection on the WAN port. Hope the above works for you. If not, we'll try more advanced things.

yes it worked out... thanx a lot
Another thing I would like to ask whether the router truly gives 150mbps connection speed?
Bcause I had downloaded a file in 5mbps speed in desktop from a website.
I downloaded the same file from my mobile (wifi of the same connection ) at 250kbps at the same website.
(the mobile is 802.11n compatible and the wifi signal strength was full in my mobile).

Is there any procedure to increase or control the wireless connection speed?
If yes then how?
And what is the maximum range of gettin a good signal of this router?
Options