How to prevent users from bypass router DNS server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 20:06:40
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi i recently start working as admin in small company contains multiple offices , they had about 20 computer 

first thing I notice many employees figure-out  how to changes DNS address on their windows machines t use Google 8.8.8.8 DNS server 

this alow them to bypass websites restriction that the company had set (streaming/adult sites)  , the internet line aren't  that good either 4MB , most of all offices suppose to use the internet connection to browser certain website (fill application ) and download emails, that's it .

until now I could not find away e.g to redirect dns queries  that sent to Google dns to other server the router uses ?

please tell me if this possible with this router 

here is the router Emulator page 

https://emulator.tp-link.com/EMULATOR_wr840nv4_eu/index.htm

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to prevent users from bypass router DNS server
2021-02-02 09:50:23
With this router you can't restrict users from changing their DNS IP addresses. What you can do, is to limit a particular host's bandwidth speed via WAN port (Bandwidth Control). The other thing you can do is to restrict the Internet surfing of a particular hosts (Access Control).
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options