Cannot LOGIN to my new A7 WiFi router after it was successfully installed as AP to a A20 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot LOGIN to my new A7 WiFi router after it was successfully installed as AP to a A20 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-31 09:31:29
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello Sir/Madam --

I believe this problem is not new, but I've never been able to figure out the exact rules for it, so please bear with me.

I bought a new TPLINK A7 WiFi router -- henceforth just 'A7' for brevity.

I connected it (using wired Ethernet cable) to the "Main Router" -- which is a TPLINK C4000 A20.

I logged in successfully for the first time -- typing 'tplinkwifi.net' on the MS EDGE browser URL.

I then configured initial setup parameters:  Dynamic IP >> Don't clone MAC addr >> assign SSID >> password.  Then the A7 reboot.

After the reboot, I tested the wireless and it all worked perfectly. 

I waited for at least 20 minutes, testing 1 laptop 1 PC and 2 smartphones.

All worked just fine.

Now I wanted to get back into the A7 for a second time -- and this time 'tplinkwifi.net' failed.

The message I always got back -- Chrome or MS EDGE browser -- was "too long to respond".

I note that I am still using a wired mode of access into the A7 -- i.e., a CAT6 Ethernet cable from my laptop to one of the LAN ports of the A7.

I tried the "direct" way of getting in:  typing 192.168.0.1   or  192.168.1.1  and these also failed.

My past limited exposure to this routine procedure involved a rather old but perfect condition DLINK 615.

Knowing the DLINK's IP as 192.168.0.1, I would use a wired connection as always, change my laptop's IPv4 configuiration to

an IP address if 192.168.0.2, subnet mask = 255.255.255.0 and then type 192.168.0.1 into the browser URL.  Always worked.

But in trying this approach with a brand new (received 3 days ago, Jan 26) TPLINK A7, it wouldn't work.

I've cleared the cache/history of the browsers used, rebooted my laptop each time just to be sure, etc.  and still no luck.

I must be missing something,  

Please help ... any auggestions, tips or guidance is highly appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot LOGIN to my new A7 WiFi router after it was successfully installed as AP to a A20 router
2021-01-31 17:08:40 - last edited 2021-01-31 17:09:04

@HP15z 

Use this guide to find your A7's IP address.

Make sure that, when you walk through these steps, you're connected to A7 via wireless.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Cannot LOGIN to my new A7 WiFi router after it was successfully installed as AP to a A20 router
2021-01-31 17:33:07
Will do, many thanks, much appreciated!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 594

Replies: 2

Related Articles