Firmware on main unit not upgrading

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-31 22:17:31
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

Hello,

I was attempting to upgrade my deco m9 plus v2 from firmware 1.2.12 to 1.4.3 utilizing the upgrade tool.  Everything seemed to run smoothly, but after complete I found that the 2  non-main units had the upgraded firmware, but the main unit still had 1.2.12.  The network seems to be running ok but occassionally I see the warning on my iPhone that the network security is weak.  My guess is that I get the message when the device is connected to the main unit.  The whole reason I upgraded was to improve the security.  How should I proceed to update the main unit?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Firmware on main unit not upgrading
2021-02-01 12:33:10

@Duece 

If nothing else works, remove both Satellite Decos from your mesh, that can be done in Deco app, leaving just Main Deco. Then, upgrade tool will only have single node to deal with. Hopefully, it'll do the trick.

After upgrade, add them back.

You should really push for that upgrade to happen. I have M9, too, and 1.4.3 is working very well on it. Ability to improve WiFi connection security is one of new features, but you might not be able to see it in WiFi configuration settings until you upgrade all nodes.

This may be last time you have to deal with this, because after 1.4.3 firmware Deco app should be able to perform upgrade, without need for standalone upgrade tool. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 1

Related Articles